Your recommendation

Risk protection arrangement – alternative to commercial insurance

Based on your answers, we think you should use the Department for Education (DFE) framework.

What it offers

Cover includes:

  • material damage
  • business interruption
  • employers’ liability
  • third party liability
  • governors’ liability
  • professional indemnity
  • employee and third party dishonesty
  • money
  • personal accident
  • United Kingdom travel
  • overseas travel including winter sports
  • legal expenses
  • cultural assets


  • you’re covered as soon as you complete the form
  • membership is renewed automatically every year
  • £20 per pupil or less until at least 31 August 2022
  • free risk management advice, training and best practice guidance from Willis Towers Watson

All frameworks also offer:

  • compliance with The Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) principles and regulations
  • a list of checked suppliers
  • pre-agreed terms and conditions
Visit the DFE website