Your recommendation

Hiring supply teachers and agency workers

Based on your answers, we think you should use the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) framework.

What it offers

  • ability to find and hire a worker using an agency
  • hire of a specific person using an agency (‘nominated worker’)
  • a managed service provider who will take on your temporary staff needs
  • breakdown of rates agencies charge
  • downloadable shortlist of agencies based on your needs
  • calculation of the maximum you could be charged to make your agency worker permanent


  • transparent mark-ups
  • avoid temp-to-perm fees
  • completed background and safeguarding checks

All frameworks also offer:

  • compliance with The Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) principles and regulations
  • a list of checked suppliers
  • pre-agreed terms and conditions
Visit the CCS website